Barb Kappel brings to clients her expertise in major, planned, and blended gift strategies. Her coaching philosophy centers around the belief that harnessing a clients’ prior professional and philanthropic experience to empower intuitive strategies will allow for bold new solutions and achieved fundraising success.
What to Expect
- Barb offers 3 and 6 month contractual engagements with an option to extend the contract if desired and with mutual agreement.
- She will meet weekly with clients for 60 minutes or bi-weekly for 90 minutes, with support work between meetings, as defined in the scope of work.
- Goals will be clearly defined at the start of each contractual engagement. Barb will keep conversations focused to ensure that both she and the client are on the same page about what outcome will define success.
Description of Services
Developed over more than two decades, Barb’s approach to fundraising has helped nonprofit leaders position themselves for outrageously successful annual, capital, planned-giving, and comprehensive campaigns.
Take a look at the services listed below to get a feel for what Barb offers. While this list does not represent the full spectrum of her deliverables, it does summarize the ways in which she supports her clients.
Individual “One-On-One” Coaching
Barb offers one-on-one weekly or bi-weekly sessions geared toward Board Chairs, CEO’s, Presidents, Executive Directors, Major Gift Officers, and Directors of Development.
- dedicate time to focus on effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of significant gift commitments;
- build out new donor pipelines and ramp up existing strategies for major gift programs; and
- plan and track donor-engagement activity for program efficiency and growth.
Barb offers group or individual meetings geared toward Development or Advancement Office staff and/or Boards of Directors.
- deliver a comprehensive (one- or two-part) Board and/or Staff campaign/fundraising training;
- recommend trusted industry leaders, as needed, to broaden organizational reach through donor research, grant-writing, strategic planning and related tools; and
- advise staff on effective Board Succession and Committee engagement.
Barb invites you to get a taste of publications and webinars she has collaborated with peers to offer this past year.